Your seamless pathway from pre-health classes to hands-on experience.
Clinical experience is the best way to improve your application for nursing school. Otherwise, you’re left competing with other applicants over the highest GPA. However, many pre-nursing students struggle to find a clinical opportunity.
Few pre-nursing programs at universities offer clinical placements. In fact, most do not even teach basic clinical skills. After years of classes, you’ll still be missing a vital component to your nursing application — clinical experience.
Advanced eClinical Training bridges the gap between academic studies and hands-on experience.
We train Pre-Nursing Students
with Certificates That Get You Clinical Experience
ACT’s pre-nursing certificates include a guaranteed clinical placement for all students. Simply by enrolling, you ensure that you can add hands-on experience to your nursing application.
Pre-nursing students often choose to pursue a Patient Care Technician Certificate or Medical Assistant Certificate. Both entry-level healthcare jobs give you ample opportunity to interact with patients.
By earning an advanced certificate, you can secure an in-demand job in healthcare. If you do not find a job within 6 months after certification, we will offer you a full refund. We have a robust refund policy because we have confidence in our students’ abilities.
Upon completion of one of our pre-nursing certificates, you will:
- Receive a Clinical Externship (placements guaranteed)
- Earn a nationally-accepted credential in as little as 8 weeks
- Gain hands-on experience through our immersive training program
- Balance other commitments with a 100% online learning environment
- Add a clinical placement and advanced certificate to your resume
Enhance Your Academic Qualifications
Go beyond the textbook by learning clinical skills. It will highlight your commitment to exceptional patient care. Get healthcare work experience to become a more competitive candidate.
Move Your Career Forward
Find a job in healthcare before even getting accepted to nursing school. You could make valuable connections with nurses, doctors, or nursing managers. Your employer could even transfer you to an RN position after nursing school.
Flexible Enough to Juggle with Undergrad
Take a self-paced certificate to complement your academic studies. Our immersive and 100% online platform allows you to study on your schedule. Now, you can get hands-on experience while taking pre-nursing classes.
Each certificate provides slightly different clinical opportunities depending on your interests and passions. All of our certificates are self-paced and online so you can balance other academic commitments with learning clinical skills.
1. Patient-Care Technician — This certificate provides you with direct patient care experience. You’ll collaborate with nursing and hospital staff to take care of patients’ daily needs. Most PCTs work in hospitals, long-term care facilities, or outpatient clinics.
2. Medical Assistant — This role helps you learn excellent patient interaction skills. They are on the frontline helping patients get the treatment they need for optimal health. Most medical assistants work in physicians’ offices, clinics, and outpatient facilities.
3. Phlebotomy Technician — Phlebotomists perform blood draws on patients of all ages. They’re an integral part of the team at hospitals, laboratories, and clinics.
No matter which certificate you choose, you’ll gain valuable clinical experience. All of our certificates include a guaranteed job placement.
Full refund if you do not find a job in 6 months.
Why Choose a Patient Care Technician Certification
As a Patient Care Technician (PCT), you’ll be an integral part of the healthcare team. The practical skills you learn could make you a stronger candidate for nursing school.
This role is also perfect for building valuable connections in the healthcare field. You work closely with nurses, doctors, nursing managers, and other healthcare professionals. These relationships could give you a head start when transitioning into a nursing role.
As a PCT, you work 1:1 with a nurse. This type of work experience could prove invaluable during nursing school. It could give you the chance to see how professional nurses apply their medical knowledge in the field.
The skills you can expect to learn in the patient care technician certificate include:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Cultural Competency
- Diet, Exercise, and Nutrition
- Disease Processes
- Interpersonal Patient Communication
- Laboratory Testing
- Medical Terminology
- Medication Administration
- Phlebotomy Procedures
- Professionalism in Healthcare
- Reading EKG Results and Other Vital Statistics
Your skills as a patient care technician will be in high demand in a variety of settings. You could work in hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, diagnostic testing centers, and hospice care homes.
By earning an advanced certificate, you could add credibility to your nursing school application. Highlight your dedication to the healthcare profession by becoming a patient care technician.
Why Choose a Medical Assistant Certification
Medical Assistants learn a wide variety of clinical skills. This type of experience helps you become a well-rounded candidate for nursing school.
As a medical assistant, you could work in a physicians’ office or outpatient clinic. In these clinical settings, you’ll build excellent patient communication and patient education skills. You’ll also practice hands-on clinical skills, such as taking vital signs or assisting with medical procedures.
The online medical assistant certificate includes modules on:
- Clinical Medicine
- Patient Communication (Privacy and Safety)
- Infection Control
- Introduction to Clinical Pharmacology and Medication Management
- Healthcare Systems and Settings and Patient-Centered Communication
- Introduction to Clinical Medical Assisting/Examinations and Diagnostic Procedures
- Assessing Vital Signs
- Clinical Testing and Laboratory Procedures
- Venipuncture and Blood Handling/Administering Injections
- Surgical Asepsis and Assisting with Surgical Procedures
- Patient Care in Hospital Settings
- Administering EKG & Cardiovascular Testing
- American Heart Association Training
As a Medical Assistant, you’ll learn valuable teamwork skills. This experience will give you confidence and prepare you for a future career in healthcare.
Showcase your commitment to a career in healthcare with an advanced certification.
Why Choose a Phlebotomy Certification
Phlebotomists practice one of the most important skills in nursing — venipuncture. Nurses use this skill for drawing blood or starting IVs. By learning this critical skill, you could highlight your eagerness to learn technical skills in your nursing school application.
In this role, you’ll interact daily with patients. You will learn how to put patients’ at ease, especially anyone scared of needles. You’ll also learn basic laboratory skills. Finally, you’ll assist physicians, nurses and other healthcare professionals deliver outstanding care.
Your course on phlebotomy includes:
- Significance of Phlebotomy
- Infection Control and Safety
- Equipment and Supplies
- Venipuncture Techniques
- Capillary Blood Collection
- Specialized Phlebotomy Procedures
- Special Considerations for Phlebotomy
- Quality Assurance and Documentation
- Patient Communication
- Phlebotomy Complications and Emergencies
- Basic Life Support
Phlebotomists work in hospitals, laboratories, and outpatient clinics. This role gives you a strong foundation for your future career as a nurse.
Build on your medical knowledge by adding phlebotomy skills to your application.
Ready to Gain Clinical Experience Before Nursing School? Enroll Now!
There is no need to wait to purchase program materials when you enroll in one of ACT’s pre-nursing certificates because we make them available to you immediately after registering. Enroll today and get started on your new career path or contact us with any additional questions you may have about our online pre-nursing certificates!